We provide Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) services in
West Palm Beach, Florida
What is SMP or Scalp Micropigmentation?
- Scalp Micropigmentation or better know as SMP is a non-surgical Cosmetic Tattoo hair procedure which mimicks hair follicles by filling in and camouflaging balding, scarring, alopecia, receding hairlines or any hairless areas on the scalp or face.
- It is an application of special cosmetic pigment and the use of a
super micro needle and technique that resembles the appearance of real
hair follicles. Similar to a tattoo application.
How long does it last?
- A Scalp Micropigmentation procedure will last between 8 - 10 years. A touch up will be followed if desired every 3-5 years. The first, second, and if necessary third session will be spaced 2 weeks apart and no more than 3 months of healing period. Every person is different, results may vary on preference of hair line & tone definition.
Is SMP for me?
- SMP is for you if you have the following: a receding hairline, balding, alopecia, thinning hair, fill-ins (post hair transplant), need scar cover ups or simply want your hair to look darker (replacing non permanent dye use) for both women, men, and most importantly uplift your appearance and confidence.
- The procedure gives a natural appearance of hair follicles that break thru the scalp without resorting to costly hair transplants, surgeries or invasive treatments.
What is the Scalp Micropigmentation procedure?
- A scalp micropigmentation procedure requires 2 - 3 outpatient sessions that are spaced 2 weeks apart and no more than 3 months of healing period. Each session takes a couple of hours depending on the size of the treatment area. To create a natural, realistic appearance, specialists carefully select the correct color and density that will achieve the best results. If the patient has existing hair, the specialist will make sure that the results blend seamlessly with the patients hair or areas of the scalp carefully forming the correct shape and shade.
Are there any risks or complications?
- No, it is normal for patients to experience some redness in the area where the pigment is applied and may linger 2 - 4 hours post procedure.
- The procedure has no known side effects, the only risk associated with Micropigmentation is a possible allergic reaction to the pigments or any of the other instruments and materials used in the procedure. Thus, it is important that it is performed by a trusted and accredited specialist that meets all hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Patients who have undergone the procedure with accredited licensed specialists have reported only positive results.
- If you have any medical conditions or any further questions please consult your physician.